Areas of Expertise
- Nutrition education
- Food security
- Obesity and chronic disease prevention
- Social media for Steps to Health
Jenelle is a registered dietitian with a Master of Science in Nutrition degree from Meredith College and an undergraduate degree in Math and Philosophy from UNC-Chapel Hill. She currently serves as the Data Analysis/Nutrition Associate for NC State’s SNAP-Ed program, Steps to Health, a position that allows her to utilize both her undergraduate and graduate education as well as her experience in public health research and community education. Jenelle is the president-elect of the Raleigh District Dietetic Association, and a member of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics.
Programs and Initiatives
- NCSU SNAP-Ed: Steps to Health
- Eat Smart, Move More, Take Control
- Data collection and analysis
- Hecht, L., Wass, J., Kelly, L., Clevenger-Firley, E. & Carolyn Dunn. (2013). SNAP-Ed Steps to Health Inspires 3rd graders to Eat Smart and Move More. Journal of Nutrition Education and Behavior.
- Wass, J., Hecht, L., Kelly, L., Clevenger-Firley, E. & Carolyn Dunn. (2012). Applying Best Practices: Designing an Original SNAP-Ed Program Without Reinventing the Wheel. Journal of Nutrition Education and Behavior, 44 (4), S70.
- Kelly, L., Wass, J., Hecht, L., Clevenger-Firley, E. & Carolyn Dunn. (2012). Engaging Young Eaters to Explore Their Senses with Color Me Healthy for SNAP-Ed. Journal of Nutrition Education and Behavior, 44 (4), S28-S29.
- Kelly, L., Wass, J., Hecht, L., Clevenger-Firley, E. & Carolyn Dunn. (2012). State Spotlight: Color Me Healthy for Steps to Health Program. SNAP-Ed Connection.
Youth, Family, and Community Sciences
NC State University
516 Brickhaven Drive
Campus Box 7605
Raleigh, NC 27695-7605