in Family Life and Youth Development (FYD)
A Graduate Certificate from the Department of Youth, Family, and Community Sciences is designed for students and professionals seeking new or expanded learning in a specific concentration area of Family Life and Youth Development. FYD certificate coursework is transferable into our Master’s degree programs.
Beginning in January 2015, FYD Graduate Certificates options include:
- Family Life Education and Coaching
- Leadership and Volunteer Management
- Youth Development and Leadership
To apply, prospective certificate students must either:
- Be a graduate of an accredited four-year college or university and have a cumulative undergraduate GPA of at least 3.0;
- Be a student in good standing in a NC State graduate program;* or
- Have a master’s degree.
*Current NC State students should contact Dr. Huff directly to apply.
Prospective FYD Graduate Certificate Students must complete an online application that includes:
- a one-page personal statement explaining the applicant’s specific interest in and qualifications for pursuing the Graduate Certificate;
- transcript(s) showing the conferral of an undergraduate and/or graduate degree;* and
- a $25 application fee.**
*Accepted students must submit official transcripts to the Graduate School prior to full acceptance.
**Note: Admission is rolling. Applications received after the beginning of a semester will be eligible for enrollment the following semester. Please allow approximately 3 weeks to receive notification of an admission decision via email. Applications are processed faster when application fees are paid online using a credit card. Payments made by check can take 1-3 months for processing.
To complete an online application, visit either website below:
Dr. Nichole Huff (Ph.D., CFLE)
Director of FYD Graduate Certificate Programs
Department of Youth, Family, and Community Sciences