HELPING THIS FAMILY IS THE RIGHT THING TO DO.
AND IT IS A CAREER.
- We are an all-distance program that focuses on working with youth and/or families in community-based or organizational settings.
- We understand adult learners and have built a curriculum that can be completed full or part time.
- Our students create dynamic professional futures for themselves in family life and/or youth development.
- Our graduates are making a difference! See for yourself:
“The Family Life and Youth Development Masters program at N.C. State University helped me build the skills I needed young professional. My FYD opportunities were the foundation I needed to become a family life educator with the Virginia Cooperative Extension. I’m now able to train hundreds of families each year on parenting, health, and financial management”
To apply to the FYD program: http://www.ncsu.edu/grad/applygrad.htm.
To apply, you must complete the graduate school online application. You will need your GRE score, official transcripts, three letters of recommendation (you can enter contact information of your references in the graduate school application), and a statement of purpose that helps us understand you as an applicant, why this program is a good fit, and how you this program fits with your career goals.
Application deadlines for MS and MR only:
- March 1 (for Fall Semester start)
- October 1 (for Spring Semester start)
NOTE: Only completed online applications received by the Graduate School as of these deadlines are considered. For general NCSU Graduate School applications and admissions policies, please see http://www.ncsu.edu/grad/handbook/applications-and-admissions.html.
To apply, students must complete the NCSU online application and submit all transcripts, a statement of purpose, three letters of recommendation, and GRE Scores.
Students may register for up to 12 credit hours (4 courses) as a Non Degree Student. For more information about registering for a Non Degree Student (NDS), visit http://www.ncsu.edu/nds/